The month has been a busy one at the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce. Gail Christner (Chair) from Apollo Insurance and Frank Ortiz (Co-Chair) from A Shot at Happiness Events did a great job chairing the Business Expo.
By all accounts, our Business Expo was a success with help from Amie Boersma, Arianna Fajardo, Belinda Douglas, Bill Edman, Bruce Wood, Chris Foster, Dean Burt, Denise Cattern, Gabriel Hill, Gel De Los Santos, Joanna Valenzuela, Maggie Le, Marcia McBean, Michel Agee, and Suzanne Burt.
In future years, we look to make the Business Expo even better by starting our planning a year in advance. We met two weeks after our Business Expo to analyze our successes and failures. Frank Ortiz from A Shot at Happiness Events and Christopher Foster from Merrill Lynch have agreed to be next year’s chair and co-chair and have a strong plan for our Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce Business Expo in 2016.
Christy Ray Set to Leave the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce
Christy Ray will be leaving the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce for personal reasons later this month. If you see Christy Ray, be sure to thank her and wish her and her family well.
In September/October We:
- Created a protocol to follow for all Mixers/Ribbon Cuttings to make sure we highlight the values the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce brings to our community and to recognize those in attendance who ought to be recognized.
- Scheduled our first Salute to Public Safety meeting. The 2016 Salute to Public Safety will likely be in the first week of March, but we’re getting a head start on planning for the event honoring our local police, sheriff and fire departments.
- Held a meeting with our young entrepreneurs to see how we can better serve them on our business community as we’re looking to expand.
- Discussed bringing in an intern to mentor. As the leader in our business community we feel it’s important to mentor young business leaders to help them understand how to work with a business organization like the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Worked on ways to collect email addresses so we can make sure we are expanding our influence by following up with those who attend our Business@Breakfast, Pizza & Politics, Monthly Mixers and special events.
- Began planning our annual retreat for our Board of Directors and community members to work on creating: a stronger vision; a budget; a 3-year, 5-year and 10-year plan; and a succession plan.
New Members from July 1 – October 19
We’ve also been rapidly adding new members to the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce. Here’s a month by month list of the new businesses who have become members since July 1, 2015.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
- WTI Global, LLC
- N scoops LLC
- Archibald’s Restaurant
- Wedgewood at Vellano Country Club
- Capriana at Chino Hills
- Allyson Agee-Healthy Habits Global
- Wahfles, Desserts & Coffee
- Mary Kay
- Pampered Chef
- Foddrill Construction Corp.
- ABC Public Relations
- Cruise Planners
- Forest Lawn Memorial Parks Association
- 9 Round Kickbox Fitness
- Fairway Independent Mortgage
- EPD Solutions
- Maui Whitening Chino
- Engle & Assoc.
- Skin Secrets by Debbie
- Acecon Solar
- Craig Burke Real Estate
- Sola Salon Studios
Action Items for October/November:
- Hire Replacement for Christy Ray
- Organize Follow-Up Procedure with New Members/Old Members
- Organize Follow-Up After All Events to Seek Improvement
- Schedule First Meeting for the Taste of Chino
Thank you all for everything!
Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce Chairman of the Board